I love year in review posts! 2012 flew by for us, and it was a year of lots of changes, but lots of fun, too! I love looking back on what all happened over the last 12 months.
- We rang in the new year at our annual New Year's Eve party!
- I set some goals and chose the word ‘thrive’ for 2012!
- We hosted a surprise 50th birthday party for David’s mom!
- We celebrated my niece’s 5th birthday at an indoor pool party.
- We celebrated our 9th Valentine’s Day together!
- David passed all 4 sections of the CPA exam (on the first try!) and we went out for a fancy celebratory dinner.
- We found our our sister-in-law (David’s brother’s wife) was having twin girls!
- I coordinated a coworker’s wedding!
- We celebrated my 23rd birthday
- I ran my first 5K!
- We had a great weekend away with friends in KC
- David had a business trip to LA and I got to tag along and sight see!
- I helped host a baby shower for my sister-in-law.
- I ran my second race – A 2 mile the day before Easter!
- We hosted my family for Easter
- I hit my ‘final’ weight loss goal!
- We had lots of fun with friends – birthday parties, Bible study get togethers, weddings, etc.
- David’s sister graduated from 8th grade and we had his family over to celebrate
- My sister and nieces and nephew came and spent Memorial Day weekend with us!
- I made Thoughtfully Designed, my etsy shop/small business, my full time job!
- We celebrated with our awesome friends, too, who surprised us with a cake!
- I ran the Color Run in KC with a friend!
- We celebrated the 4th of July with David’s family and then with some friends.
- A couple in our group of friends got married!
- My princess/niece/goddaughter turned 8!
- David got more involved with YPW (Young Professionals of Wichita) and we went to their Founders Day banquet, which was tons of fun.
- Our twin nieces were born!
- My nephew moved in with us.
- We threw my mom a surprise 60th birthday party!
- I ran the Glow Run!
- We got involved with Red Shoe Society, a young professionals group that fundraises for and supports the Ronald McDonald House.
- I helped with my dear friend’s wedding – Such a gorgeous bride!
- We made a weekend trip to see the twins and my family
- David started a new job with a business intelligence software company and we celebrated with a date night!
- My best friend and her boyfriend came home for a long weekend!
- My nephew ended up going to live with his dad in California.
- We caught up on hanging out with friends, which we’d missed with my nephew living here.
- We celebrated David’s 24th birthday with a date at one of our favorite restaurants and then by having people over and going to the casino!
- We had our annual fall photoshoot with one of David’s best friends as the photographer this year – They turned out awesome!
- I got involved with Young Lives, which has turned out to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
- We went to my cousin’s wedding and I taught all my girl cousins the gangnam style dance – Such a fun weekend!
- We finally met Stephanie of Vintage Modern Wife and her husband in Dallas on our way home from Louisiana!
- We celebrated Thanksgiving with friends, hosted for our immediate families again, and made the trip to celebrate with my extended family as well!
- We sent out our third Christmas card and received a bunch of them, some from some of you!
- We had Christmas parties for a bunch of different groups/ministries we’re a part of, which made the month fly by.
- We celebrated our 9 year dating anniversary!
- We enjoyed all kinds of Christmas festivities with our families.
- I ended the year with 1158 total etsy sales, with 685 of them being this year!!
It’s been another incredible year, and I can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store for us! Happy New Year!